Friday 12 October 2012

An Expensive Lesson

  When the holiday began, all university students were rushing up to going back hometown. Even I myself, did not notice that I was actually leaving the hostel without clearing off the bills, which it caused a lot of problems after I came back.

  Here comes the problems. When I first came back, I was expecting a dirty house with full of dusts and spiderweb was weaved on the wall while there were grains of sand all over the floor. However, the real situation was much more complicated. 

  Such situation is never unfamiliar for me but how about when you wanted to clean up the house and there was a water shortage? Even worst, I did not know why it happened and just stood over there helplessly. Any possible way had been tried out but none of it could solve the problem. Picking up the phone and trying to call friends who might know how to solve the problem, with a hope to ask some help from them. Unfortunately, they seemed never face up such problem before. I was feeling lost again. 

  I had no idea why the water just stopped flowing out from water pipe. My initial plan to clean up the house was obstructed. The house was still very dirty. Luckily, I asked help from fourth student house. Although I had yet to find out the reason why there was a water shortage, at least I had a place for me to stay overnight.

  Not only water shortage but the streamyx was also cut off by TM (the modern vampire). In Kampar, the only entertainment is online. I was wondering why it was cut off or I did not pay off the bill(s)? Apparently, the letter is the real reason.

 Okay, there were no other ways but to get the bills paid. Where are the bills? Again, I tried to find out the bills like a nut. I still got nothing even Tipping over the tables. What else? The phone rang and I picked up and answered. It was my ex-house(room)mate, Cheng Xun. After some greeting, I started asking about the bills and I was told that the bills were on weixian's hand. Without wasting any time, I quickly called up weixian. Thank god! Finally, I got the bills ! I ran to my room and got the money.

  Despite the bills problem was settled, but how about the water shortage?At the night, I still thought of no ways and fell asleep after getting down from the whole day.

  Surprisingly, I managed to wake up early in the morning (since I used to wake up at the afternoon), I was hoping the miracle could happen, where the problem would just go away from me. No, it didn't happen. After having breakfast, I knelt down and started chanting to pray that I would definitely solve the problem wisely and with the help of shoten senji.

  After that, I suddenly thought of that---since I didn't know which department is responsible for the water management in Kampar, why didn't I just check it through internet? Yes, I got it. It is LAP (lembaga Air Perak) responsible for it. I dialed the number that displayed on the webpage and knew that either I didn't clear off the bill (Oh My God ! Bill again?) or someone had switched off  the meter. I went back and checked. Now, I knew that there was somebody switched off the meter. Thank gohonzon !!

  Now I am going to wait the water being pumped up to the tangki and start my cleaning plan again. This lesson taught me that we should clear off the bill before leaving the hostel and record it to avoid such problem again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment